You might need to rebuild your data when in verification process it shows “your data has failed the integrity check”. to rebuild and fix errors in your company file follow the following steps-
- Choose File, and then choose Utilities.
- Select Rebuild data and then click ok.
- Quickbooks will suggest you to backup your company file before rebuilding. Because in rare cases the process may need to delete transactions or list entries to fix the file. So, it is always recommended to have a secured copy of your company file to ignore any loss of data.
- You can cancel the backup option if you don’t want a backup file or you already have it.
- Select where you want to save your backup, then select OK at the bottom of the QuickBooks Desktop Backup window.
- If a message asks if you want to replace another backup file, select NO. Enter a new name in the File name field and click Save.
- If the backup fails, select Cancel at the Rebuild prompt and contact Payroll Support for additional assistance
- The Rebuild Data utility starts as soon as the backup is finished.
- Click OK when you get the message “Rebuild has completed“.
To make sure your file is free of error and rebuilt successfully, verify it once again and check for damages. Repeat the process if find any error.