Do you want to Update QuickBooks Desktop To Latest Release Version without any error or trouble? If yes then you are at the right place because today in this blog we will talk about how to Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version in some quick steps. QuickBooks is the most reliable accounting software that is built with the c++ programming language having more than 10+ million lines of code. As a QuickBooks client, You might face some technical glitch or issue while using any QuickBooks products. As a QuickBooks client, you may confront irritating specialized issues from time to time. Therefore, to minimize these errors Intuit releases a new version of QuickBooks from time to time. Their main motive is to analyze and resolve the error in the code of QuickBooks and release a new updated version of it without any error.
There are different methods to update QuickBooks Desktop automatically or manually. QuickBooks itself downloads and installs the most recent updates that are released if you turn on the automatic updates in QuickBooks. While in case you want to manually update, you should check for the latest update once per month.
Why do you need to Update QuickBooks Desktop To Latest Release?
The most basic reason to Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release is that you will get all latest and new features of QuickBooks Desktop. It includes security as well as the performance of it. As we have discussed earlier every new version of QuickBooks brings error-free code which enhances the performance as well as security of products. Also, a new updated version of QuickBooks produces fewer errors while utilizing it. So if you also want to use the new functions and feature of QuickBooks Desktop then you must update your QuickBooks to the latest version.
In conclusion, if you are using an old version of QuickBooks Desktop software and want to update it to utilize its new capabilities and functionalities then follow the methods that are introduced ahead. Before moving forward let’s discuss some of the benefits or advantages of Updating QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
What are the benefits of Updating QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release?
Updating of QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release provides various benefits to the users. When you try to open your QuickBooks Desktop application, you get a message that Couldn’t Connect To Email Server after entering your email id and password. This error can be resolve once you update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release. Similarly, Error 401 in QuickBooks Desktop can also be resolved. Some of the other advantages are listed below:
- It guarantees for the better security of your personal data.
- An error like Couldn’t Connect To Email Server or Error 401 can be resolve.
- The performance of your application gets enhanced.
- You get an error-free version of QuickBooks Desktop Application.
- It provides many improved features and characteristics.
- The overall security of the application get improves as compared to the old version.
How to check for the version of your QuickBooks Desktop if it is updated?
To verify or check if your QuickBooks Desktop if it is updated to the latest release, you nedd to follow these three steps :
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop Application
- Press the shortcut key F2 or Ctrl+1 to get the Product Information window open
- On the product, Information window check your present version and release of your QuickBooks Desktop
If you find that your QuickBooks application is not updated then follow the steps that we are going to introduce further to update your QuickBooks Desktop.
Methods to Update QuickBooks Desktop To Latest Release Version
There are Five different methods we have listed below to update QuickBooks Desktop. You just need to follow any of the methods according to your need in a step by steps manner as given below. Once you finish the update, QuickBooks itself install the files and data to their available location according to your need. QuickBooks usually send the message to install the update and allow the user to restart the QuickBooks with its new update. Sometimes it takes time to install and ask to close your QuickBooks application and restart your window.
Method 1: Immediate download and update
One of the simplest and easy methods that enable you to download and update your QuickBooks with the help of the intuit server. This method comes under automatic QuickBooks Update and you don’t need to keep your QuickBooks software open while performing this activity. The following given steps need to follow if you want to update your QuickBooks immediately:
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop application and go to the Help menu.
- Here you will have to select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Then select the Update Now tab. NOTE: To clear all past update downloads, You can also choose the Reset Update checkbox.
- After that, you have to choose the option Get Updates to begin the download process.
- Once the download completed, restart your QuickBooks Application.
- You will get a prompt, now accept the option to install the new release version.
Method 2: Set Automatic download for a future update
You don’t have to do much to use this method of intuit. You just have to enable the future download and update option to get the most release version of QuickBooks. The update gets automatic download when you are not utilizing the software. Make sure your system is connected to the internet to perform this activity. You can disable this feature whenever you want, here you have to disable the automatic update and download option. In case you do not plan to download the latest version right now then you can plan them to download later on with the following steps:
- In your QuickBooks application go to the Help menu and select the option Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now click on the Options tab.
- Here you have to select Yes to turn on automatic updates. NOTE: Select Yes for every PC, in case you need to share automatic downloads feature with different PCs on your network,.
- Then click on the Close.
QuickBooks will automatically download and install the update by itself once the intuit releases a new version of it.
Method 3: Manual Update From Within the QuickBooks Desktop
The third most common method to update QuickBooks Desktop is updating from QuickBooks itself. The simplest steps are given down below with the help of which you can easily update your QuickBooks:
- First of all, close your company files and QuickBooks application.
- Now open the Start menu of your Window and search for the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Here Right-click on the icon of QuickBooks Desktop and select the option Run as administrator.
- While being on the No Company Open screen, you have to go to the Help menu and select the option for Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that go to the Options tab and select Mark All and then select the Save button.
- Then go to the Update Now option and click on the Reset Update checkbox.
- When you’re done with it, select Get Updates option.
- Close and then reopen your QuickBooks Desktop application once the update finishes.
- To install this update select on Yes option.
- After the install finishes, restart your computer to get all new characteristics.
Method 4: Download Update from the Internet
If you want to download and update QuickBooks from the internet then follow the given below steps that are easy to implement. You will get the same feature no matter where you are getting the updating process your QuickBooks. So here we have the steps to follow:
- Firstly click on the QuickBooks Downloads and Updates link and then explore through the webpage you have.
- Here you have to select the country, product, and version of QuickBooks and then click on the Search button which will be clickable after you have provided the details.
- In case you have already installed QuickBooks on your system, at that point click on the most recent updates link.
- Now explore to the Downloads organizer of your system after downloading the updates and double-tap on the updated document to start the installation procedure.
- Then to install the updates follow the prompts on your screen.
- At last, you just have to restart your system after the update is installed effectively.
Method 5: Updates for Multi-User Mode in QuickBooks Pro and in QuickBooks Premier
If your business or client is utilizing QuickBooks Pro or Premier in the multi-client mode then it is mandatory to install and update QuickBooks on every system. If QuickBooks Pro or Premier introduced to your company network then you can install updates on one system and can share it with all. You can also interface with the Internet from every system that has QuickBooks installed on it. To install QuickBooks Pro or Premier clients must follow the following steps to share an update:
- Start with opening the shared company file.
- Then navigate to the Help menu option and click on the Update QuickBooks option.
- Then click on the Options.
- Here you have to set the Share Download option to Yes.
- Then click on the Save button.
As we know QuickBooks is accounting software with a tremendous code-base, that makes this application prone to various technical errors and glitches. Intuit fixes all known errors in QuickBooks and you may get the improved version by downloading the most recent updates of the QuickBooks. However, it may be possible that you may not get any new features by updating QuickBooks to the latest release. If you are facing any trouble with updating QuickBooks software, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our expert team.
You can update your QuickBooks Desktop without any trouble by following the above-listed methods step by step. However, you can face various QuickBooks update technical errors while updating QuickBooks. So to update QuickBooks Desktop in a proper flawless manner, you can contact our QuickBooks Error support number +1-888-909-2511 for quick technical assistance. Leave a comment down below if you have any queries related to this article.