Did you also get QuickBooks Error Code 6123, 0 ?. well you are not alone, many users face these bugs while performing diferent activities with QuickBooks. But do not worry, we are here to let you know how can you fix this by different steps for the diferent cause of thsi error.
If you are trying to open a company file in an un-secure environment, then you will see this error showing on your computer. A lot of solutions are there but before that, you have to know the situation where you can get the error.
Situation to arise the QuickBooks Error Code 6123, 0
Before getting the solution for this error, let you know what are the circumstances that arise the error. There are diferent situations where error code 6123, 0 occur and the solution also varies on these situations. So here are the possible situation, where you may get Error -6123,0:
- While opening a file of QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise.
- When you open or upgrade your company file.
- while restoring your company file.
- When you restore a backup (.qbb) on a your new computer.
Causes that leads to the QuickBooks Error Code 6123, 0
More often, when user QuickBooks users restore a QuickBooks company data files from a backup hard disk or try to open a company file from the multi-network server, they may get an error message “QuickBooks Error 6123, 0”. This massage interrupts their work by displaying QuickBooks Error Code 6123,0 “Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost”. These are the possible cause for the occurrence of this error in multi-user environments:
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks Company data files or program files.
- Activated block Web Bugs filter in your McAfee antivirus service.
- Restoring a QuickBooks Company data files from an external storage device
- Interrupted or damaged network connection from the host server.
- The firewall security setting is blocking the QuickBooks file to open the company file.
- Damaged Windows operating system.
- Due to multiple QuickBooks database services are running on the system.
- The name of the computer system that is hosting your QuickBooks company data file was changed when the hosting process was on.
Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6123, 0 with these simple steps
When users start to open their company file of QuickBooks Pro/Premier, or Enterprise product, they generally see a popup on the screen with error code 6123,0. Even while opening, upgrading, or restoring a company file, thsi error can be seen. So here we came up with these simple steps to fix this error without wasting time. See how you can resolve the error by following the below methods.
Method 1: Removing special characters from the name of file
- Your company file name should be of 30 characters or less.
- There should not have any special characters or spaces your company file name.
Method 2: Download & install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Close your QuickBooks software.
- Download the most recent release version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the downloaded file in your folder from where you can find it easily.
- Now open the downloaded file named “QuickBooksToolHub.exe”.
- Follow the steps showing on your screen to install the tool. Make sure to mark the field of terms and conditions.
- To open the tool, when the installation is finished, double-click on the icon of tool hub that shows on your Windows desktop.
Method 3: Run and use QuickFix my Program
- Go to the QuickBooks Tools Hub, choose the Program Problems section.
- Open the QuickFix my Program tool.
- This toll will run on your system to fix the issue, it will take some time.
- Aftr the QuickFix my Program is done their job, open your QuickBooks and verify if your error is resolved.
Method 4: Run and use QuickBooks File Doctor
- Go to the QuickBooks Tools Hub, open the section of Company File Issues.
- Click on the option to Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- After the opening of QuickBooks File Doctor, select your company data file from the drop-down menu.
- Now choose the option to Check your file, then hit on the Continue button.
- Type the QuickBooks admin password, then again click on the Continue button. Wait until the QuickBooks File Doctor starts repairing your file as it takes some time.
- Once the repairing process ends, choose your company from the list given there, then hit on the option of Open QuickBooks.
Method 5: Apply the Auto data recovery feature
To utilize this function, restore the .adr copy of your company file and verify if this is working or not. There is a chance that the file is damaged and this can fix QuickBooks error code 6123, 0. A very simple step but yet effective for solving your problem.
Method 6: Reinstall QuickBooks to the latest release virsion
- Go to the Control Panel and uninstall the QuickBooks.
- Note down the license information of your product.
- Now, download QuickBooks to the latest release version on your computer.
- Install QuickBooks following the on-screen instruction.
- Here you will have to enter your product and license information that you were noted.
- Once it is done, open your company files again to verify the error.
Still showing Error Code 6123, 0 !!!
Hopefully, the above-mentioned methods are effective ways for you to fix QuickBooks error code 6123, 0. However, if you still facing the error, you need further guidance. We will recommend to contact QuickBooks Support Phone Number and make contact with our genius professionals to fix your problem. You can also continue your reading with our blog QuickBooks error code 80070057.